The XVII Biennial IASC Conference, entitled ‘In Defense of the Commons: Challenges, Innovation, and Action’ will be held at the Catholic University of Lima, Peru on July 1-4, 2019; July 5 will be dedicated to field visits in Lima and other regions of Peru.
For the first time the IASC Global conference will be co-organized by two leading universities of the Andean region: PUCP’s Faculty of Social Sciences, and the Department of Economics of the Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia).
The program will include:
- Policy Dialogues with National Authorities from Colombia and Peru and International Cooperation Agencies active on the field
- 50+ parallel research panels
- Film and video exhibit on the commons
- Half-day workshops on key common issues
- Keynote Lectures by international leading experts
- Practice Workshops with renowned Chefs and Artists
- Master classes for early career researchers
- Field visits in Lima and other regions of the country
- Poster exhibitions
- Book fair with international publishers
- Exhibit stands of grassroots initiatives